Baked Apple Cinnamon Raisin Oatmeal
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbs unsalted butter (melted and cooled slightly)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 apple (peeled, cored, and diced into 1/2-inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease/spray casserole dish.
2. In a medium bowl, toss together oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
3. In a separate small bowl, whisk together maple syrup, milk, egg, melted butter, and vanilla.
4. Place diced apples in a single layer in bottom of casserole dish. Sprinkle about 2/3 of raisins, then cover with oat mixture. Drizzle milk mixture over oats, distributing evenly. Sprinkle remaining raisins. Bake for 35-45 minutes, until top is golden brown and oats have set.
5. Remove from oven and serve hot with more maple syrup.