Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 1/4 cup old fashion oats
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, browned
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- (optional) 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- (optional) 3/4 cup almonds, toasted
- (optional) 1/2 cup toffee bits
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine oats and flour in a bowl. Set aside.
3. Place butter in skillet over medium heat. Cook until butter starts to brown and is nutty in aroma, whisking continuously. Set aside.
4. Add sugars, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, nutmeg, and egg into bowl. Mix to combine. Mix in cooled browned butter. Mix in baking soda. Fold in flour mixture. Mix in optional ingredients.
5. Drop onto prepared pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes.