For blondie layer:
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) salted butter, cubed
- 1 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 6 oz white chocolate (coarsely chopped)
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 6 oz white chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (coarsely chopped)
- (Optional) 1 tsp grated orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9x13 baking dish or line with parchment paper.
- To prepare blondie layer: In a medium bowl, melt butter for 1 minute. Stir in brown sugar. Pour into large bowl and let cool to room temperature.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla with electric mixer.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Gradually add dry mixture to butter mixture.
- Stir in cranberries and chopped chocolate.
- Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake for 18-21 minutes, until a tester comes out clean.
- Let cool completely.
- To prepare frosting: Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar in a large bowl until combined. Gradually add half of the melted white chocolate and beat until blended.
- Frost blondies. Sprinkle with chopped cranberries. Drizzle remaining white chocolate.
- Let frosting set, then cut into bars. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
No-Bake Chocolate & Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
Yield: 9 bars
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add in brown sugar and vanilla extract. Mix to combine. Add in oats and stir. Cook over medium-low for 4 minutes.
- Melt chocolate and peanut butter in microwavable bowl. Set aside.
- Lightly grease 8x8 baking pan. Press 3/4 of oat mixture into bottom of pan. Pour melted chocolate and peanut butter over oats. Crumble remaining oats on top.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
Streusel-Topped Jam Bars
Yields: 18 bars
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, very cold
- 1 large egg
- 1 (8 oz) jar of jam, jelly, or preserves
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a 9x13 inch pan.
- Mix sugar, flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Add butter and mix until crumbs are the size of peas.
- Add egg and mix until combined.
- Press 2/3 of crumb mixture into bottom of pan, pressing firmly.
- Pour jam onto crumb base, spreading with a spatula or back of spoon.
- Add the 1/2 cup of rolled oats to remaining crumb mixture. Stir to combine. Sprinkle over jam layer.
- Bake for appx 30 minutes, until edges begin to brown.
- Let cool and cut into squares.
- chocolate chip cookie dough (recipe)
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temp
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Add cream cheese and sugar in bowl. Beat until well blended. Add in eggs and vanilla. Beat until blended.
- Press appx 1/2 tsp dough into each well. Add appx 1/2 tsp cheesecake mixture. Crumble remaining cookie dough and spread on top of cheesecake layer.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes, until toothpick inserted into cheesecake comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Store refrigerated in airtight container.
Flutternutter Bars (and Fluttertella Bars)
- 10 Nutter Butters (chopped)
- 10 Reese’s cups, regular size (chopped) OR mini size
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 tbs butter
- 8 oz Reese’s peanut butter chips (for fluttertella: 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips; 3 tbs nutella)
Prep: Line pan with foil and cover with bake spray.
1. Combine chopped Nutter Butters, Reese’s cups, and 1 1/4 cups of marshmallows. Set aside.
2. Melt remaining marshmallows over low heat, stirring. Add in butter and stir to combine. Add in peanut butter chips. Stir to combine. Remove from heat.
3. Pour marshmallow mixture over dry mixture. Fold to combine and pour into prepared pan, spreading evenly.
4. Chill in refrigerator for about 1.5-2 hours (until bars set). Remove and cut.
Cereal S’mores Bars
Almond Streusel Cherry Cheesecake Bars
Mocha Toffee Truffle Bar