- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 tbs gelatin
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 cup Oreos, crushed
- 1 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- 1/4 cup cherry reduction sauce
- 1 cup cherries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- Mix gelatin and sugar in bowl. Add boiling water and stir until gelatin dissolves.
- Press crushed Oreos into bottom of pan.
- Beat heavy cream until it forms medium peaks. Add cream cheese, lemon juice, salt. Beat on medium-high until smooth.
- Slowly add cream cheese mixture to gelatin and fold to blend.
- Divide batter into thirds. Add semi-sweet chocolate to 2 bowls and fold to blend. Add cherry sauce to third bowl and fold to blend.
- Layer pan with chocolate, cherry, and then chocolate.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Garnish with whipped cream and cherries.
- Put ingredients in a pot over low-medium heat. Bring to boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Stir frequently until mixture is reduced by half.
- Push mixture through strainer to remove skin. Allow to cool.
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tbs baking powder
- 6 tbs unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbs heavy cream
- 1 1/4 cup sour cherries, pitted
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Place flour, almond flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder in food processor. Pulse 4 times in 3-second bursts to blend.
- Add cold butter pieces and pulse until mixture resembles wet sand.
- Pour heavy cream on top. Pulse 3-4 times in 3-second bursts or until dough starts to come together.
- Turn dough onto floured surface. Gently knead sour cherries and chocolate chips into dough. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Shape dough into 1/2-inch rectangular log. Cut into triangles. Lightly brush tops with heavy cream and sprinkle raw sugar.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes until tops and bottom edge start to turn golden. Let cool
Black Forest Bark
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup Kirsch
- 9 oz dark chocolate 65% cacao, plus 1 oz for top finish
- 1/4 tsp cherry extract
- chocolate wafers (or chocolate graham crackers or cocoa pebbles)
- 7 oz white chocolate
- 1-4 drops pink food coloring
1. Place dried cherries in a bowl and pour in Kirsch. Toss to coat. Set aside and let soak for at least 10-15 minutes. Drain excess Kirsch.
2. Place dark chocolate in heat-proof bowl over (not on) simmering water and stir until melted. Add in cherry extract and stir to combine. Pour half of melted chocolate into parchment-lined pan, smoothing into an even layer.
3. Sprinkle soaked cherries on top. Place chocolate wafers on top of cherries layer. Pour remaining dark chocolate. Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes, until chocolate slightly hardens.
4. Place white chocolate in heat-proof bowl over (not on) simmering water and stir until melted. Remove from heat. Dip toothpick into pink food coloring and then dip into white chocolate, stirring to combine.
5. Pour white chocolate into pan, smoothing into an even layer.
6. To make pattern: Place remaining 1 oz chocolate in small bowl and melt in microwave. Transfer to a ziplock bag. Cut a small hole in corner. Pipe straight horizontal lines over pink chocolate layer. Drag the tip of a knife or a skewer vertically through pink lined chocolate from top to bottom. Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes until bark is set.
Almond Streusel Cherry Cheesecake Bars