Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars
For chocolate chip cookie layer:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup butter flavored vegetable shortening (or just butter)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbs cider vinegar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
For cheesecake layer:
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese (room temp)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
1. In a large bowl, cream together butter, shortening, sugars, vanilla, salt, and vinegar. Beat in egg, then baking soda and flour. Stir in chocolate chips. Divide dough into 2 equal portions and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, blend cream cheese and sugar until thoroughly combined. Beat in egg and vanilla.
3. In a 9x13 pan, spread 1/2 of cookie dough mixture across bottom. Spread cream cheese mixture on top. With remaining cookie dough, flatten chunks of dough into discs and place on top of cream cheese mixture. (Dough discs do not have to touch; just place them to cover surfaces as well as possible)
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes, or until top is brown and cooked through.
5. Cool completely and store in refrigerator.