- 2 cups whole milk
- 5 1.25 ounce packets of Hot Chocolate mix
- 4 cups ice
- (optional) 1 cup heavy cream
- (optional) 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- (optional) 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips or grated chocolate
- Place milk into blender. Add hot chocolate packets and blend until combined.
- Add ice and blend until ice is blended into tiny chunks.
- Pour evenly into 4 glasses on top of plates to catch any dripping frozen hot chocolate.
- Whip cream and sugar. Top each glass with whipped cream and sprinkle with mini chocolate chips.
- 1 bottle hard lemonade
- 1 bag (7.2 oz) Yoplait Frozen Smoothie triple berry
Blend hard lemonade and frozen smoothie contents.
- 1 (8 oz) package refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 4 cheese sticks, halved
- 1 (3.5 oz) package sliced pepperoni
- (optional) marinara or ranch sauce for dipping
- For garlic butter glaze: 2 tbs butter (melted), 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1 tbs grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- On each triangle of crescent roll dough, place about 6 pepperoni slices. Place half of a cheese stick on top and roll up.
- Place seam side down on cookie sheet. Bake for 10-14 minutes, until golden brown.
- While rolls are cooking, combine melted butter, Italian seasonings, garlic powder and Parmesan in a small bowl.
- When rolls are done, remove from oven and brush with garlic butter glaze.
- Serve with marinara or ranch for dipping.
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 tbs chopped green bell pepper
- 2 oz pepperoni, chopped
- 2 tsp sliced black olives
- If cooking in oven, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Alternatively, use microwave.
- In a small bowl, mix together cream cheese, oregano, parsley, basil, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes.
- Spread mixture in bottom of 9 inch pie plate (or shallow microwave-safe dish). Sprinkle 1/2 cup mozzarella and 1/2 cup Parmesan on top. Spread pizza sauce.
- Microwave pepperoni for about 30 seconds to remove some fat.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Top with green pepper, pepperoni and olives.
- Cover and microwave for 5 minutes (or bake for 15-20 minutes).
- Serve hot with baguette slices, tortilla chips, or Fritos scoops.
- 1 lb large strawberries
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4-1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4-1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- Hollow out each strawberry.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until creamy.
- Transfer cream cheese mixture to a piping bag. Fill strawberries with mixture.
- Sprinkle or dip tops with graham cracker crumbs.
- Refrigerate if not serving immediately.
Chocolate Fudge S’mores Mug Cake [Recipe 10]
Yields: 6-7 pops
- 3 frozen bananas
- 1 tbs cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Blend all ingredients until super-smooth (may have to thaw bananas a little).
- Freeze in popsicle molds or paper cups.
No-Bake Chocolate & Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
Yield: 9 bars
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add in brown sugar and vanilla extract. Mix to combine. Add in oats and stir. Cook over medium-low for 4 minutes.
- Melt chocolate and peanut butter in microwavable bowl. Set aside.
- Lightly grease 8x8 baking pan. Press 3/4 of oat mixture into bottom of pan. Pour melted chocolate and peanut butter over oats. Crumble remaining oats on top.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
Daikon and Carrot Pickle
- 1 large carrot (peeled and cut into thick matchsticks)
- 1 pound daikon (peeled and cut into thick matchsticks)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp + 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- Place carrots and daikons in a bowl. Sprinkle with salt and 2 tsp sugar. Knead vegetables for about 3 minutes to soften. (They are ready when you can bend a piece of daikon so that the ends touch but without it breaking)
- Transfer to colander and rinse under cold running water. Drain well.
- In a bowl, combine 1/2 cup sugar, vinegar, and water. Stir to dissolve sugar.
- Pack carrots and daikon tightly into jar(s). Pour mixture over vegetables to cover them.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour (preferably overnight). Lasts about 4 weeks in the refrigerator.
Crunchy Peanut Slaw
Yields: 8-10 servings
- 1 head of cabbage
- 2 cups salted, roasted peanuts
- 1 bunch scallions
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 tbs rice vinegar
- 1 tbs sugar
- 1 tbs toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Remove outer leaves from cabbage and slice into quarters. Then slice into very thin slices. Place in large mixing bowl and toss to separate pieces.
- Add in 1 1/2 cup peanuts. Toss again.
- Thinly slice scallions and add to bowl along with cilantro. Toss well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together canola oil, rice vinegar, sugar, sesame oil and soy sauce. Pour over cabbage and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with remaining peanuts.
Fresh Corn and Tomato Sauté
- 1/2 tbs unsalted butter
- 1/2 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced shallots
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (appx 3 ears)
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbs fresh basil, chopped
- Heat butter and olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and cook until softened (about 2 minutes).
- Add corn and salt. Cook until corn is heated through and begins to brown slightly (about 5-7 minutes).
- Remove pan from heat. Stir in basil and tomatoes. Season as desired.
Eggs in Avocado
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 egg
- Heat skillet on medium-low. Lightly spray with oil.
- Slice avocado lengthwise with skin on. Remove seed and use a small cookie cutter to make a hole in the center.
- Place avocado slice in pan. Crack a medium-sized egg into avocado hole.
- Cover and cook until egg is cooked as desired.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Yields: 1 pie, or 4 mini pies
- 2 cups cooked spaghetti
- 1 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place spaghetti and sauce in pie dish.
- In a small bowl, stir together ricotta, 1/4 cup parmesan, and parsley.
- Top spaghetti with ricotta mixture. Sprinkle remaining parmesan.
- Bake until cheese is golden brown (about 30 minutes).
- Garnish with more parsley.
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup finely chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Beat butter, sugar, and vanilla together.
- Add flour, salt, and nuts. Mix well.
- Form dough into balls and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until set but not brown.