Fresh Corn and Tomato Sauté
- 1/2 tbs unsalted butter
- 1/2 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced shallots
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (appx 3 ears)
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbs fresh basil, chopped
- Heat butter and olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and cook until softened (about 2 minutes).
- Add corn and salt. Cook until corn is heated through and begins to brown slightly (about 5-7 minutes).
- Remove pan from heat. Stir in basil and tomatoes. Season as desired.
- 4 jalapenos (small)
- 1 tbs cream cheese
- 1/2 tbs ranch
- 1-2 tbs chives (chopped)
- 2 slices dehydrated tomato
- Roast jalapenos (on barbeque or on stove over medium-low heat)
- Combine cream cheese, ranch, chives, and dehydrated tomato. Mix until smooth.
- Peel skins off jalapenos. Cut in half and remove seeds and spines.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on one slice of bread. Top with jalapenos and then cheese. Butter outside of sandwich.
- Cook in pan on medium heat until golden brown.
Prep Time: 1 hr, plus 24 hours for dough to rest
Baking Time: about 10 minutes per pizza
Yield: 2 pizzas
Chicken Enchilada Soup
- 3 tbs butter
- 3 tbs flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes and jalapenos
- 1 package (10 oz) frozen corn
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, diced
- 1 can (10 oz) Enchilada sauce
- 2 whole chicken breasts
- 1 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
1. Melt butter in saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir in flour, until smooth and bubbly.
2. Remove from heat. Add chicken broth, and slowly add 1/2 cup milk, stirring to keep smooth. Return to heat.
3. Bring sauce to gentle boil. Cook, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens.
4. In a large bowl, whisk together enchilada sauce and chicken broth mixture. Gradually whisk in remaining milk until smooth. Set aside.
5. In a crockpot, combine drained beans, tomatoes, corn, onion, and bell pepper. Place chicken breasts on top of mixture. Pour sauce mixture over ingredients in cooker. Cover and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours (or on high for 3-4 hours).
6. When ready to serve, remove chicken and cut/shred into bite-sized pieces. Add chicken back into soup and mix together.
7. Top with cheese and serve. (Optionally top with avocado, sour cream, and/or crushed tortilla chips)
- 1/4 lb bacon, cubed
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 cup onions (1/2 inch dice)
- 2 cups carrots (1/2 inch dice)
- 2 cups celery (1/2 inch dice)
- 2 cups fresh green beans (1/2 inch dice)
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 12-oz can of whole tomatoes
- 4 cups cabbage, shredded
- 3 cups spinach
- 1/2 lb pasta
- salt & pepper
- fresh basil
- parmesan cheese
In a large pot, cook bacon in olive oil, then add onion, carrots, celery, and green beans. Cook for about 4 minutes until tender.
Add chicken stock. Add tomatoes one at a time, crushing/squeezing them into the pot. Bring to simmer.
Add cabbage, pasta, and salt and pepper. Cook for 10-15 minutes until pasta is tender.
Add spinach just before serving. Garnish with basil and parmesan.
Mozzarella Stuffed Tomatoes